Vice chancellor of Admin & Finance Affairs
From the establishment of Medicine Faculty, Kabul Medical Institute, KUMS; Financial & Administrative Affairs and its relevant departments have been implementing under its supervision.
The main and basic tasks of the Financial & Administrative Affairs are:
Preparation of Annual work plan for the various relevant departments
Controlling and supervision of daily performances of the departments
Overseeing the recruitment, transferring, retirement, dismissal, rewards, punishments and other related affairs
Annual budget preparation and clarification, and overseeing the implementations of relevant departments
Collaboration with relevant faculties and vice chancellors of students’ affairs, academic affairs and head of health organizations
Conducting training sessions for capacity building of staffs
Monitoring from contracts, purchases, repairs, buildings maintenance, and supplies procurement
Administrative departments are functioning under its direct supervision:
Directorate of Human Resources
Directorate of Procurement & Services
Directorate of Finance & Accounting
Brief introduction of Human Resource
Human resource are an important part in all departments and private companies. Human resource are based on the idea that employees should be considered as human being, the purpose of human resources is to select qualified persons for the desired posts and develop the skills of the employees so that they can carry out the duties assigned to them.
Human resources are important because of the understanding of human aspects in an administrative part and include a series of specific issues. Such as the precise and formatted process of selection, assessment of individuals and other intrinsic issues that can be adapted and applied in all organizations.
Regulating rules of this department:
The rules that regulate this administration are consist in:
2-Civil services law
3-Code of Conduct for Civil servants
4-Regulation of civil service posts
Goals and Achievements
1- Implementation of administrative reform in cooperation with the Ministry of Higher Education and guidance of the Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission
2- Creating an information system (HRMIS) administration for the university center and related hospitals.
3- Hiring qualified people and appointing well-trained cadres through a competitive system and adhering to the principle of competence and neutrality
4- Managing and overseeing the process of assessing the performance of civil servants and making decisions on its implementation and its subsequent results to raise the steps in the new salary system framework.
5- Establishment of Accident Offices and Personal Institutions of the Civil Servants of the Kabul Medical University and its related issues and insertion of all information in the database of human resources.
6- Set and review training needs assessment and the planning and implementation of training programs in order to improve capacity.
7- Design, arrangee, adjust and development of the management of the office in accordance with the strategy and internal requirements of KMU
8- Implementing the new salary system at the KMU and its related issues.
9- Planning human resources in the university and its related
10- Considering the complaints of staff
11- Manage the employee health and safety issues
12- Introducing university staff to internal and external training programs
13- Detect the workload of departments, determine the departments, analyze tasks and create bills for the tasks of each post.
14- Setting up reports for personnel salaries
Compressed achievements according to task objectives:
1- Post announcements and launch a free competitive test process to fill in shortage posts
2- Supervision of Organizing Proposals for the 1394Year
3- Supervision over the course of the state-promoted lecturers' documents
4- Assessment and evaluation of agents and mercenaries process documents in accordance with the Civil Servants Law.
5- Supervising salary reports, attending officers and attribution offices.
6- Study and analysis of organizational structure in a continuous manner
7- Successful implementation of the general need assessment process for staff at the center, hospitals and related clinics
8- Plan and conduct training programs for capacity building and workshop held
9- Establishment of a Health Information System Administration at Kabul Medical University and associated teaching hospitals.
10- The training of three staff members of the department will be conducted by the curriculum teacher in collaboration with the Department of University Support and Human Development, which will be held at the Ministry of Higher Education.
11- Implementation of the free competition exam process for deficient posts in accordance with the laws of the country.
12- The timely implementation of affairs, retirement, appointment, conversion and other affairs of professors, agents and workers.
13- Implementation of the need-assessment process and obtaining the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats at the Kabul Medical University level and the six relevant teaching hospitals.
14- To raise the level of knowledge and skills of administrative staff through workshops.
Brief introduction of department of procurement
Since the establishment of the Kabul University of Medical Sciences, the Public Administration Services of the vice chancellery of Finance and Administration began its activities which are responsible for service and purchasing tasks. After recent developments in the country and the development of the Office in accordance with the requirements of the day, the department of Procurement and logistics which includes in its organization structures the Public Contract Management and Public Management of Planning and Projects. In its organizational structure of the 1395, it was approved that the above mentioned administrations actually start their activities and work in accordance with their job descriptions.
Department of procurement is consisted of public administrations, public contract management, public procurement, public administration of plans and projects, public administration of goods accounting, public administration of maintenance and public transport management. Each of these administrations in the different areas will perform the assigned tasks based on the job descriptions and in accordance with the applicable laws.
1. Setting up the procurement of goods, services and construction affaires required for the administration.
2. Provision of transparency in procurement procedures.
3. Controlling Public funds, providing economic principle and quality of procurement and supply of goods.
4. Providing facilities of participation for eligible bidders.
Department of Procurement from the fiscal year of 2014 to the present, has processed and signed contracts of about 30 projects in the areas of maintenance and care, stationeries, cleaning materials, , medicines, medical equipment. It is also mentionable that any types of purchases are very good and timely performed.
A Brief Introduction of Finance and Accounting Department:
Department of finance and accounting is doing their duties beside the financial and administrative deputy of Kabul medical university and participate actively in all state of finance and accounting from establishment of Kabul medical university.
- Arrangement of Kabul Medical University’s current budget for, Maiwand and Ali Abad Hospitals, stomatology (dentist faculty), eyes, Maternity and Obstetric clinics as well as cardiac disease institute and report to the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Arrange the final report of the all year based on the (20m) document and deliver to the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Receive the monthly, yearly expenditures report from the Ministry of Higher Education, and its implementation based on the (20) document and deliver to the Ministry of finance for execution.
- Record of allocation and customize for incomes and utilizations remittance for KMU, and related hospitals, and clinics.
- Collecting of KMU’s all incomes and timely submitting them to the governments’ import account.
- Execution of instructors, and all staffs’ incomes.
- Execution of all on duty doctors, nurses and other staffs of KMU.
- Execution of extra hours work for all staffs.
- Execution of all staffs’ travel expenses and pocket money to travel outside the country.
- Execution of master program expenses for public health.
- Execution of public benefit utilization payment of (electricity, water, telephone, municipality, post taxes and etc…)
- Execution of money payment for accidently situation for instructors and staffs.
- Continuation of the all working affairs based on the principles, rules and regulation of the law and approved laws.
- Execution of all finance and accounting department related affairs timely.
- Maintaining of working relation with the correlated offices of Ministry of Higher Education for Continuation and execution of the working affairs on time.
- coordination with the department of provision and arrangement and preparation to execute the utilization payment and contracts on time.
- Guidance of all staffs in their working environments.
- Coordination with the department of human resources for incomes and extra hours work report.
- Coordination working affairs with the department of finance and administrative of Maiwand and Ali Abad hospitals for execution of expenses and incomes payments.
- Execution of payment to purchase the required goods and equipment in KMU.
- Execution of conventional money and transfer it in to companies account.
- Execution of money for students’ livelihood exchange / life expenses distributes monthly.
- Arrangement of (12m) form for calculation which is sent to the ministry of finance.
- The forms that is used in working affairs by the stated department (40m,41m,16m,12m,10m,25m,13m,20m)
Email Address: email@example.com