Maiwand Teaching Hospital
About Maiwand Teaching Hospital
Maiwand Hospital has begun to implement healthcare services to the citizens in the capital of Kabul seven decades ago. First, named Qale-e-Baqer Khan Hospital, later called Mastorat, and at the time of Democratic Republic of Afghanistan, changed to Maiwand Hospital. Different stages of development, fluctuates and transformations were led by social, political, disorders and civil wars in the country.
Maiwand teaching hospital was constructed in its current place Maiwand road in 1311, it began work under the consideration of Turkish doctors. As this hospital was located on Qala-e- Baqeerkhan, initially it was named Qala-e- Baqeerkhan hospital later it was named women’s hospital, finally in 1357 it was named Maiwand hospital. Also in the same time a female sanatorium of Khwaja Mula was built beside the Darulaman road.
This hospital after creating curative faculty of Kabul Medical University and Aliabad teaching hospital in 1310, has 88 years’ historical background. This hospital has 350 active sick beds, totally 450 professional and unprofessional staffs are working there. In professional section 40 teachers of Kabul Medical university Abo-Ali Sina, 20 specialists, 90 trainee doctors, 126 nurses, 7 pharmacists, 8 Librans ,7 ex-ray Librans, 6 anesthesia log, 25 administrative staffs and 121 service providing staffs are engaged. This hospital currently operates as teaching hospital under the platform of Kabul Medical university in various section such as, skin and poison, plastic surgery, ear throat and nose, pediatrics, pediatrics surgery, and diagnostics sections like, ex-ray, laboratory, anesthesia, pharmacy, ear graph, ultrasound, echocardiography, emergency service, OPD patients and nurses.
Post of this hospital is second rank, its directorate professor doctor Abdilhai wali teacher of skin and poison department of this hospital. Doctor Wali was hired as director of this hospital due to the suggestion of ministry of higher education and confirmation of Islamic republic of Afghanistan in 1397. Professor Wali studied up to master’s degree.
Contact numbers of the hospital:
Directorate of hospital- phone: 020-2100447
Consultant of the hospital- phone:020-2102913
Head of accounting and administration-phone: 020-2102914
Nursing chef- phone: 020-2103150
e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Maiwand Teaching Hospital has five departments, two general directorates and four sub-directorate, which are described below:
ENT Department: includes head of department, specialists and doctors. This department totally has 30 members, (5 faculties, 4 specialists and 21 doctors) which all are busy providing healthcare and teaching services for the patients and KMU students.
There are 30 faculties in 5 departments, involved to accomplish teaching services to KMU students.
There are 18 specialists and 72 trainers in different departments, busy to provide healthcare services to the patients, 10 head nurses and 10 nurses for operation rooms, 67 internal medicine nurses performing their functions under the auspices of General Directorate of Nursing.
Curative and diagnostic services of the hospital include the following services:
1. Emergency service branches:
ENT, Dermatology, pediatrics internal medicine, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery and vaccines, which serve full time for the citizens of the country.
2. Diagnostic branches of the hospital include; Radiology, ECHO Cardiology, ECG and Ultrasonography
3. There are 85 nurses in the Directorate of Nursing who provide healthcare services to the citizens for the clock round, including 27-female and 58-male and one vaccinator; six of them have got bachelor’s degree, 10 have above baccalaureate and 69 have baccalaureate degrees.
4. The Departments of Financial and Administrative include: Services, human resources, accounting, maintenance, and transportation.
5. Dept of anesthesiology and recovery, including 7 doctors and personnel.
6. Pharmacy Dept: has 5 pharmacists, which are busy to procure and manage spices for the patients.
7. Laboratory Dept: has 8 staff and branches of bacteriology, serology, biochemistry and parasitology.
8. Radiology Dept: has 6 staff members which are busy accomplishing diagnostic services to the patients for all the day.
9. There are three conference rooms which are equipped with multimedia, projectors, shelves for books, and each of them accommodates up to 50 participants in one time.
There are 109 laborers, 70% male and 30% female, full time, that have been busy serving for the patients.
- Hospital Presidency/Office: 020-2100447
- Hospital Head of Doctors: 020-2102913
- Administration & Financial Dept: 020-2102914
- Nursing Dept: 020-2103150